At Seven Arrows, we value partnering with parents in every way. We constantly look to them for important feedback and support. In fact, we believe this partnership is what makes our community so special. We share, we respond, and we work together to grow our dynamic and inclusive learning community.
Seven Arrows could not provide the wonderfully rich educational experience that it does without the participation and dedication of our parent volunteers. Our extraordinary families bring enormous creativity to the school, inspiring and enriching the lives and experiences of everyone. Parents are invited to help our school by volunteering their time, effort, and creativity in the classroom or through any of our committees. Our Parent Association coordinates our volunteer program and meets throughout the school year to discuss the events that support life and learning at Seven Arrows. The Parent Association is a wonderful way to connect your passion to our mission!
Seven Arrows frequently invites speakers of note to share topics of interest for our parents. Experts have included psychologists, nutritionists, education experts, and child development specialists who are invited to speak to our parent body on their areas of expertise. This is a service provided to parents by the school, and all are encouraged to attend these highly informative events. Topics are often chosen based on the needs and interests of our parent body; parents’ feedback and suggestions are always welcomed.
Past topics have included:
- CyberSafety for your Kids with Lori Getz
- Philosophy of Homework at Seven Arrows with Dr. Lee Hausner
- Engaging and Connecting with Kids through a Strength Based Approach with Susan Stiffelman, MFT
- Too Sexy, Too Soon: The New Sexualized Childhood & What to Do with Dr. Karen Fried, Psy.D.
- Engaging and Connecting with Kids through a Strength Based Approach with Carolyn McWilliams
- Managing Perfectionism with Betsy Brown Braun
- Supporting a Confident, Calm & Focused Child with Dr. Michael Gervais
- Weekly Parent Mindfulness with Brian Shiers